Tuesday, January 22, 2013


Hope everyone had a good New Years!!
It's been 3 weeks since New Years started though haha. 
Sorry everyone! I'm back from Japan and I'm still alive somehow!
Jet lag has been draining all of my energy!
Here's what I've been up to for the last couple weeks New Years:

(Steph and I before the concert)

I spent my New Years going to the Alice Nine Countdown Live with my best friend!! I'm not going to lie, I've been listening to this band since they first debuted and I was completely stoked to see them. I was a little shocked how different Japanese are from American concerts though. Everyone dances the same specially choreographed dance to every song.. even the fist pumping and head banging is choreographed. It's a little bizarre to me but still really fun. I really just copied the person in front of me haha. 
Another interesting thing to me was that most people were dress in lolita. And by lolita I mean hardcore, head to toe, full on Angelic Pretty. I couldn't believe it but I guess it kind of makes sense? (Not really.) 

Shou was amazing キャー(>ω<*) 将さんの声に感動しました。I ended up headbanging a lot and wound up with a neck ache for 3 days. Totally worth it though. Next time I go, I'm going to try to get fan club tickets since they're closer to the stage.

(2012 was their ninth year :3)

(The stage)

(An awesome Shou cosplayer I fell in love with)

After the concert we went to Meiji Jingu! It's a big shrine in Harajuku (conveniently next to the concert venue) It was super packed after the concert (because there was also an Ayumi Hamasaki concert that night) so we went to some street food stalls to wait for the crowd to die down a little. There were a lot of interesting stalls like Hiroshima style okonomiyaki, fried cheese rolls, candied strawberries, amazake etc. They were all super delicious. I definitely recommend checking it out if you're there for new years. It's on Omotesando Street.
When we did eventually go back to the shrine it was like... being packed into a crowd of people for 2 hours. Every 30 minutes we would move up about 10 feet until we actually got to the shrine. I do not recommend this for people who hate the cold, are claustrophobic or need to go the bathroom every 10 minutes. This line was brutal, but it was the first time I had ever gone so I wanted to experience it like a local. After we went to the shrine, I bought a hamaya for good luck!

(Sake barrels send from breweries all over Japan for the shrine) 
 (end of the line...)
 (Hiroshima yaki *w*)
 (Ichigo ame!!)
 (Karikari Cheese)

 (Apparently I drank too many Chu-Hais and wanted to take a picture with these random mokomoko girls on the street lmao They were amazed by my English.)
 (Buying some luck lol)

After all of this craziness, we went back home, slept for 4 hours and hauled our asses back to Harajuku to get lucky packs.  Unfortunately I don't have pictures from that since I was so busy shopping but I will do a post about what I got in my lucky bag as well as a guide on Lucky Bag season. 

♥ Tiffa

No comments:

Post a Comment