Sunday, December 30, 2012

First couple of days in Tokyo

Hey Everyone,
This is the first time I've been able to use my computer for more than 5 minutes at a time. I've been in Japan for about 2 1/2 days so here's a little summary of what I've done so far:

Day 1:
After flying from San Jose to LA, I transferred from LA to Nartia. The flight was around 12 hours long but my overall airport time was about 17 hours. >__< Luckily I met a some friendly people on the way and had some nice conversations ^^

From Narita I took the train to Hiyoshi, which is where my friend lives. Her neighborhood is so CUTE!!! There's a Mister Donut right in front of the station. My favorite dounts were the Pan de Lion Rings!! This kind of donut is really different than the ones in America. It's more chewy like mochi but still soft!





Day 2:
Woke up early and went to the bank to exchange some money, then went to softbank to try to get a sim card. Unfortunately it didn't work out, but I'm just going to borrow my friend's card for the remainder of the trip :3 I'll write another post for those of you who are thinking about getting a cellphone in Japan.

After doing those errands, we went to Harajuku!! I was surprised that I still remembered where a lot of the stores were located. Not too much has changed since I was last there in 2008. ^^ It's very nostalgic! We kind of wandered around Takeshita dori for a while until we got to Liz Lisa. Apparently they were having a time sale! It was so crazy!! Basically, they have a table and one of the shop girls starts throwing clothes on the the table. They also yell really loud to try to get people into the store. It's actually pretty fun. I'm not sure how long time sales usually last but I probably came in the last 10 minutes of the sale. I got a dress and cutsew for about 5000 yen! ^^ I also came back to the store later and picked up a sweater and short pants as a set for 7000 yen!


We also went to Listen Flavor and chatted with the shop girl for a while. They're super friendly! I ended up buying a moko moko trump print sweater that I had been wanting since I first saw it online.


It's reversible too!! Super nice for the cold weather.




We went to eat at a restaurant called Butter Knife. Honestly we were drawn in by the cute name haha. I really recommend this restaurant!  It was very delicious and not too expensive ^^ The staff were really nice to us! They told us to come back and have a drink with them haha It's about 3 blocks away from Takeshita Dori.



Day 3:
Since my friend Stephanie had work that day, I went to Shibuya by myself ^^ 109 was pretty much the same as I remember it, it's terrible for people who are claustrophobic, but it is a shopper's haven. If you're going to go here, I recommend getting something to eat and drink beforehand! I had a massive headache because I hadn't had breakfast that day. Also the building is packed with people so the air kind of gets thinned out haha.
I was wearing Liz Lisa that day so every time I went to a "rock" gyaru store they would ask me, "Oneesan, do you wear this style too?" At first I was a little surprised since I usually wear rock style but I forgot that I was dressed super girly that day XD I guess most people tend to stick to one style haha.
I ended up buying a set at Tralala. I really needed a top with a ribbon tie and the skirt was just so cute ^^ It was actually cheaper to buy them together because of their special sale.


ポンチスカラップジャンスカカットソーボウタイブラウス

After 109, I walked to Harajuku to see La foret.
There are a lot of super cool thrift  stores and things on the way so it's a pretty enjoyable walk. I also got to see the Milk store!! OMG IT'S AMAZING!!! SO PRETTY!! I will take photos next time ^^
When I got to  La Foret I was actually stopped by a fashion blogger for a street snap. At first I was really confused and scared because he just started to follow me into the store o_o. 
Our conversation went something like:
Him: Hi, excuse me can I take your photo?
Me: (bluntly) WHY 
Him: OH because... You look cool..
The snap took about 5 minutes. It was really simple :3 I can't wait to see it when he starts his blog haha.
I will write a post on La foret later! I was really focused on shopping for the last 3 days instead of picture taking haha.
fter shopping at La foret I got hit on by a really annoying Japanese guy.. I guess I kind of looked him in the eye while we were walking past each other and all of a sudden he came up to me and said, "Jikan nai? (Are you busy?)" I feel a little lame but I just kind of ran away XD

This post is kind of getting long but honestly I did a lot more things than what's written haha. I will try to break them into chunks from now on so it's easier to read. If there's something you want to know more about, I'll try to write about it. 

Until next time,

❤ Tiffa

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I loved that tralala dress and blouse set! it's super cute!! The dress you got from Liz Lisa is super cute too! And so is the jumper!! It's so cuuuuttteee!!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you~ I just got a couple lucky packs too so I will be posting a picture of those soon ^^!!

      Delete